Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A wee bit o' November color

Just want to reiterate that my personal goal for NaBloPoMoPHOTO this month is to get decent shots straight off my camera. That means no color or exposure adjustments, and no cropping. I aim to resize for the web and maybe slap on my watermark, and that's it. I'm already good at post-processing--that's not where I need the practice. I want to master my camera, and make it do what I want it to do.

Which makes this photo a little bit exciting for me =D. I got out of my truck this morning and noticed that my neighbor's tree has fall colors! If you live in Texas, you know fall colors are fairly rare because we don't normally get enough rainfall to keep the leaves on the trees long enough TO change color.

So noticing the tree and the way the sunlight was was perfect and the sky so blue, I ran inside to get my camera. I adjusted the ISO, shutter speed and aperture before I took the first shot, and as it turns out, I only needed one. This is that shot! Normally I need at least one test shot to gauge and tweak. So this one got a little personal victory dance in my driveway.

Aperture: f/8
Shutter Speed: 1/500
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 44.0 mm
Lens: 28-90 mm
Flash: None

3 comments:

  1. I am unequivocally jealous... I look out my door and all I see is suburban sprawl. I think even our trees have a meh-I can't change, I might upset the Home Owners Association attitude.

    What I like is how there is a distinct color difference between the outer leaves and the inner greener leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is that time of the year.
    Nice pic.!
    hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid to go outside and look up into our trees. There are too many birds and squirrels. :)

    Not much I can add as far as commenting on the photo.

    ReplyDelete