Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cheap ribbon saves the day

Realized twenty minutes ago that I'd not touched my camera all day. I've been working on processing photos from Friday, Saturday, and Monday. So I frantically set up a piece of posterboard against my headboard, dug out my tripod and clamped a CFL/Uumbrella fixture to it, then pointed it at the posterboard. And was stuck. What to photograph? I wandered around the house, picking things up and turning them over in my hands, looking for an interesting angle. Nothing worth the pixels. Then I spied a box of Target Dollar Spot ribbon on the shelf over my craft table. Aha!

My white balance target is still in the back of my truck from yesterday, and I was too lazy to go get it. So I did cheat a bit and tweak the white balance in ACR.

Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/40
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 85.0 mm
Flash: None
White Balance: Tweaked

2 comments:

  1. Love the composition of the colors. I'm absolutely no good at picking colors for things like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could take credit for that, but all I did was take 'em out of the box and messy up the stack a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete