Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pizza for four, table six!

I'm a doofus. It was so loud and hectic that I didn't even think about ISO. It was the monthly school fundraiser night at a local pizza hangout, and we hadn't been yet this year. Everything in this place is dominated by the color red it seems. We sat at a red table that had reddish lights overhead. Got a pic of the red cups all lined up on the red table. Shoulda turned the cups so they were all different directions, I know. Shoulda increased the ISO, too, yadda yadda yadda. The table was my tripod.

Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter Speed: 1/6
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 28.0 mm
Lens: 28-90 mm
Flash: None
White Balance: Auto







On a fabulously exciting note, I ordered a new camera (a Canon 50D--nearly twice the resolution of my XT!) and actual digital image stabilized lens today from Adorama!!! I'm giddy, and can't wait to get it in my hands. I hope hope hope it gets here by Wednesday, because Thursday I've been invited to shoot with another local photographer, Friday I have a school gig, Saturday I have an adoption party gig, and on Monday I've got a portrait session for a family of eight. I'd love to use my new toys for every single one :)

One of the other items I bought was backordered, so I called to see if I could substitute a similar item. Talked to a very helpful customer service rep named Lucie, who has the cutest New York accent and sense of humor. Adorama is where I got my XT body three years ago, and various accessories and doodads since then.

3 comments:

  1. Peter Piper Pizza! It's the place that people pick. I didn't think there were any in the DFW area...

    Congrats on the almost acquired 50D! Though at times you're going to like having the smaller size of the Rebel ;) The rebel can become your "point 'n shoot" especially if you put on a cheap prime like the nifty fifty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the DoF you were able to create with that photo. Congrats on the new camera... Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO!!!! You are going to love it!! It is such a great camera!! now we are on the same page!! Watch out world!!

    ReplyDelete