Sunday, November 8, 2009

Take a deep breath and make a wish

I love dandelions. Which is silly, really. But in this state, they're so beautiful! How can such delicate and fleeting beauty make such a mess of my yard?

Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/800
ISO: 800
Focal Length: 90.0 mm
Lens: 28-90 mm
Flash: None
White Balance: Auto












And this is a 'just because' photo. Meet Jasper, one of our two cockatiels. As you can see by his crest standing up, he's not terribly fond of the camera. I tried to get him to do the feminine pose, but he insisted on doing the basic 3/4 pose. Such a diva. :)

Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/80
ISO: 800
Focal Length: 90.0 mm
Lens: 28-90 mm
Flash: None
White Balance: Auto

4 comments:

  1. Love how the center of the dandelion is so crisp and the blurring of the outside edge of it. Draws you right in!

    And Hello Jasper- He's definitely a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love to pick and blow on dandelions? It's a solid photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Dandy!
    Congrads on the birds! I have info on by yearly
    Fort Worth Bird Mart at Will Rogers if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but love dandelions too! Especially as shown by one of my recent photos :)

    Jasper is gorgeous, I need to get my birdy a friend I think.

    ReplyDelete