Monday, November 9, 2009

Holiday bauble

I've been running all day, didn't take my camera with me and wouldn't have had the time to stop and take a photo anyway. So this evening I was wandering around the house, looking for something to photograph, when my eyes fell on the Christmas fiscus tree that's still decorated with ornaments from last year. So I grabbed a colorful one, set up some foam core and two desk lamps, got out my new white balance target, and made myself smile. This is the first shot I took, again straight off the camera :)

Aperture: f/4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/125
ISO: 1600
Focal Length: 54.0 mm
Lens: 28-90 mm
Flash: None
White Balance: Custom


*Added 11/10: By the way, my new white balance target is a set of three 3½x5" Wilsonart kitchen counter laminate samples in Designer White, North Sea, and Black, which I got for free by following the links on this site, but I think you can pick some up at Lowe's. Eventually I'll get a 'real' target, but these worked beautifully!

6 comments:

  1. Is it round or sort of elliptical in shape (the blue curly thing) cause my brain is saying this should be round but my eyes are saying elliptical. I like that the photo leaves me slightly confused by that because it makes me want to go back and look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think it might be both. When it's hanging, it's round. But it compresses just a wee bit under its own weight. But the angle exaggerates that, huh? Since you can't see the bottoms of the loops. That is oddly cool--thanks for pointing it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cool looking ornament! And you got that shot on your fist attempt...even better!! Joo got dem skillz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just saw these today when I was out running errands. At Michael's craft store... Think I am going to have to pick up a few!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definate eye grabber, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool ornament and nice clean shot.

    ReplyDelete