Thursday, March 4, 2010

Progress! (Day Twelve)

My sign is finally up! Though it doesn't look quite the way I'd hoped, I'm happy it's up. Woo! This photo was taken through the windshield of my truck into direct sunlight, so pardon the bug guts. :) The painters were there patching the walls, and I didn't want to distract them.







Okay, here's a progress view of the front right portion of the studio. The boxes contain two loveseats that will go in the corner (gotta love IKEA and sofas that come in small boxes). The rubber wall base still needs to be installed along the bottom of all the walls, and the floors are a dusty mess.

Here's what it looked like twelve days ago, and here's what it looked like before that.



The front right portion of the studio, or what will be the 'office' area. Those sliding glass doors are on the side of the building and were quite handy when the place was a dry-cleaners, but will just be a window for my purposes. Yes, the walls are light gray.








The back portion of the studio, where the 'magic' will happen. Walls are darker gray. That wall cabinet will have to be painted out gray or black. And all the crap in the middle of the room, will have to paint that out, too, so it's not as noticeable. *grin*

For comparison, here's a similar shot from Day One.




Shot taken from the back door. Notice the stacks of folding stools waiting to be put together (just adding the footrests). And M inspecting some other IKEA purchases.









And lastly, the bathroom. I guess since I requested flat paint in the rest of the studio, they went with flat in the bathroom also. Have already scrubbed a thin spot by the sink, trying to clean up watery gray dribbles from the painters' cleanup.

LOTS of work still to do, as you can see! Stress level is rising a bit since the ribbon cutting is a week from today. But the studio will be a work in progress for several months, I'm sure--I just need to get it presentable by March 11th. :)

Thanks for your interest and support!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Almost making me want to take a drive up North when its all finished and check out the place with my own two eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, you're welcome to stop in any time!!

    ReplyDelete