Monday, January 11, 2010

New name and logo coming soon!

In preparation for opening a storefront studio, in the coming months I'll be redesigning my blog and website, and shifting the name to something a bit shorter and more memorable than 'Portrait Photography and Custom Printing by Stacey L. King'.
Would you believe it took me nearly a whole day of thinking to arrive at Shutter Muse Studio? Duh. Too much aspartame, I think.*

I have already updated the 'branding' on my Zenfolio gallery/order site. Please check it out! http://shuttermuse.zenfolio.com

*Somebody asked me recently about the 'flower' associated with my logos. It's not actually a flower, but a wonky, stylized asterisk. In 2006 (perhaps it was 2005?), when I was redesigning my Graphic Artist/Web Designer website, I needed a doo-dad logo thing that was original, simple, and represented me as an artist. Since I'm not simply an artist, but also an author and photographer, I felt the asterisk, in an obscure way, represented the fact that there is always a footnote to just about every title I carry, every project I undertake, and just about every aspect of who I am. So it carried over to my PPACPBSLK website when I decided to focus on photography, and will continue to Shutter Muse Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment